EXERCISE STRESS TEST
Your physician has requested a stress test. This test will assist in determining if you have significant coronary artery disease (CAD). CAD is narrowing of the arteries that supply blood flow to your heart muscle. These arteries may become narrowed or blocked by the build up of fatty materials. If this narrowing occurs it reduces the amount of oxygen and other nutrients the heart normally receives. This test will help your physician determine what treatment is best for you.
For this test electrodes will be placed on your chest and you will be asked to walk or run on a treadmill. Your heart rhythm and blood pressure will be monitored during the test. This test will take approximately 30 minutes.
Instructions for All Stress Tests
- Nothing to eat or drink for five (5) hours
- No caffeine or decaf for 24 hours
- No tobacco for 12 hours
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Some medications will interfere with the test. Please ask your physician or contact our staff for instructions
- You may contact us at (540) 667-3677 for any questions you may have regarding your test
- If you need to reschedule or cancel the test please contact us at least 24 hours in advance